Join us TODAY at 2pm Eastern Time for the second event in our 3-part DEI workshop series. This 90-minute session is on the topic of “Understanding and Using Equity Audits and Civil Rights Audits.” Every person who is doing DEI and ESG work, tasked with managing stakeholder outcomes, or advising boards on shareholder initiatives that could affect the proxy statement and director support, needs to understand this emerging practice.
Not only will this FREE workshop deliver info to help you understand what civil rights audits, racial equity audits, and pay equity audits are intended to accomplish – you will be hearing from the top leaders in this space. In a “fireside chat” format, you’ll hear from:
- Eric Holder – Senior Counsel at Covington, advising on civil rights audits and complex investigations, and 82nd US Attorney General – the third longest-serving Attorney General in U.S. history and the first African American to hold that office
- Laura Murphy – President of Laura Murphy & Associates, civil rights leader, and pioneer of civil rights audits with work at Airbnb and Facebook
Eric and Laura are not only civil rights trailblazers, they worked together on Airbnb’s audit and will have a lot to talk about. Then, stay for our informative panel discussion, featuring:
- Megan Cacace – Director of Anti-Discrimination & Equity Programs at Airbnb, which in 2016 was the first company to conduct a civil rights audit
- Aaron Lewis – Partner at Covington, leading clients through the process of conducting civil rights audits
- Tejal Patel – Corporate Governance Director at SEIU Affiliates’ Supplemental Savings Plan/SOC Investment Group – which is the proponent behind the McDonald’s proposal and successful racial equity audit initiatives at several big banks and other companies
The accomplished Ruth Umoh will moderate these discussions. Ruth is currently an Editor at Fortune and a former Editor of Forbes, CNBC Reporter, and Producer for Rolling Stone Magazine.
This event could not be more valuable! Register here to secure your spot and join us at 2pm Eastern today! An on-demand replay will also be available afterwards to members of PracticalESG.com.