PracticalESG.com keeps you in-the-know on environmental, social and governance developments – by delivering pragmatic information that you can actually use.
Why PracticalESG? Why Now?
The ESG space has recently seen unprecedented change globally. It is estimated that between 300 and 600 individual ESG investment rating/evaluation models exist. Hundreds of billions of dollars are flowing into ESG-tagged investments. In the first few months of the Biden administration, regulatory initiatives across multiple agencies have moved at light speed.
The plethora of ESG/sustainability reporting frameworks have recognized the current market fragmentation and agreed to various forms of consolidation and collaboration, but the idea of a global reporting standard remains far off, and isn’t universally supported.
PracticalESG.com is a trusted source of ESG guidance and updates, curated by experienced and recognized practitioners who emphasize practicality, usability and appropriateness of information.
These massive and rapid developments, while positive and arguably overdue, are creating massive confusion and anxiety for corporate boards, executives and management. Moreover, ESG is a multidisciplinary matter, meaning many companies and their advisors spread functional capabilities across departments that may not otherwise communicate or work together. In summary:
- ESG management and reporting is moving from voluntary to mandated
- The environment is changing very rapidly from multiple angles
- ESG responsibilities are spread across multiple departments, each having a combination of both unique and shared information needs
- Currently, information on ESG is overly specialized (e.g., academic or investment studies), technical (e.g., data management) or not practicable (e.g., sales pitches or too generalized)
Specialist advisors are expensive, incentivized by billable hour goals and tend to have perspectives limited to a particular function (legal, HR, IT, etc.).
What Makes PracticalESG.com Different From Other ESG Resources?
As ESG has become the top of the agenda for finance, operations, investors, auditors and regulators globally, the amount of topical information has become unmanageable. Googling “ESG” returns almost 2 BILLION hits, with “sustainability” providing a mere 730,000,000. In addition, Amazon lists over 3,000 books on ESG and over 30,000 on sustainability.
Much of that information deluge is marketing, academic theory or unproven thoughts. Moreover, there has become a steady rise in new ESG practitioners with less than 5 years of experience claiming to be industry experts. Media headlines on ESG are bountiful, as are hundreds of daily posts on LinkedIn and other social media sites. Email inboxes ding dozens of times each day, with alerts and webinars on the topic further adding to the cacophony.
PracticalESG.com differs significantly from other ESG information services:
- We filter scores of information sources, ranging from mass media to law firm alerts, so you don’t have to.
- Our editorial staff, Advisory Board and guest contributors are senior-level practitioners with decades of experience in the subjects covered.
- We don’t simply report news — we focus on proven practical information, tools and analysis in a range of offerings, including checklists, guidebooks, podcasts, webcasts and, of course, the highly popular Q&A Forum and blog content.
Who we are
CCRcorp is a legal publishing company that provides practical guidance on legal issues involving corporate and securities regulation, corporate governance, compensation standards and many other areas impacting today’s corporate practitioner.
What we do
Our expert attorneys write treatises, handbooks, newsletters and blogs as well as offer webcasts and public speaking engagements that cover the most up-to-date, relevant information in these fields.
How we do it
Our mission is simple. We are committed to providing practical and responsible guidance.