Our final installment in our series of six on what 10 years of the SEC’s conflict minerals disclosure rule might show us about implementing a final SEC climate disclosure rule features Dr. Jennifer Kraus, Chief Scientific Officer of SourceIntelligence. In our podcast, we talk about supplier data collection processes, tools and validation for conflict minerals and if that is a reasonable model for carbon emissions data collection. We also chat about topics such as expectations, challenges, risks and successes in ultimately getting credible data from suppliers through the supply chain.
Jennifer gives her perspectives on:
- Setting the stage for supply chain data collection
- Estimates versus using supplier-provided data
- Ways to improve ESG data quality from your suppliers
- Data collection methods – spreadsheets versus IT systems
- Is there a role for industry-wide solution for an emissions data clearinghouse?
- Has the conflict minerals rule actually been effective?