The second installment in our series Carbon Credits Today: Separating the Signal from the Noise is now available. I am joined by Saif Bhatti, CEO of offset ratings firm Renoster. Nature-based project ratings have been one of the flash points in the recent controversy about offsets. Saif offers candid and practical views on the offset world today and why he sees “kernels of hope.”
In this installment, we talk about
- The role Renoster plays in the offset ecosystem
- Why there is so much controversy with nature-based offsets
- What buyers need to know – quality, risk and ratings
- Considerations on the project development side
- Why optimism is warranted
- Is price an indicator of quality?
Members can access this podcast – as well as the others in the series when they are published. Are you a PracticalESG.com member with access to these resources, along with many others? If not, sign up now and take advantage of our no-risk “100-Day Promise” – during the first 100 days as an activated member, you may cancel for any reason and receive a full refund.
If you aren’t already subscribed to our complimentary ESG blog, sign up here: https://practicalesg.com/subscribe/ for daily updates delivered right to you.