The third in our series of podcasts on carbon offsets has been published. Brook Detterman of Beveridge & Diamond and I go into detail about legal aspects of buying and producing carbon offsets in today’s market, and ways to protect yourself from risks. In this installment, we talk about:
- What should potential buyers of offsets be doing to protect themselves?
- Legal risks faced by project developers and how can they be protected.
- What do you see as risks related to disclosure of using offsets?
- Marketing/advertising claims based on offset use.
- Differences in risks for carbon capture and storage.
Members can access this podcast – as well as the others in the series when they are made available. Are you a PracticalESG.com member with access to these resources, along with many others? If not, sign up now and take advantage of our no-risk “100-Day Promise” – during the first 100 days as an activated member, you may cancel for any reason and receive a full refund.
If you aren’t already subscribed to our complimentary ESG blog, sign up here: https://practicalesg.com/subscribe/ for daily updates delivered right to you.