A new podcast is now available for members – Can A New Accounting Treatment for Carbon Emissions & Credits Save the Voluntary Carbon Market? Following our podcast series on carbon credits, I talk with Harvard Business Professor Robert Kaplan about a significant innovation in applying financial accounting systems for carbon emissions and offsets. We discuss:
- Background on e-liability and e-assets (the e-ledger system)
- How an accounting mechanism can help improve the use and quality of carbon credits
- Downsides or concerns with the concept
- COP28 developments and e-ledger
- Current status of the e-ledger system
PracticalESG.com members can click here to access the podcast. If you aren’t a member, sign up now and take advantage of our no-risk “100-Day Promise” – during the first 100 days as an activated member, you may cancel for any reason and receive a full refund.
If you aren’t already subscribed to our complimentary ESG blog, sign up for daily updates here: https://practicalesg.com/subscribe/