- Dave Lynn, Partner, Morrison & Foerster, Senior Editor, TheCorporateCounsel.net
- Lawrence Heim, Editor, PracticalESG.com
- Sonia Barros, Partner, Sidley Austin
- Yafit Cohn, Vice President, Chief Sustainability Officer and Group General Counsel, The Travelers Company, Inc
- Mike Dillinger, Executive Director – Regulatory Law & Affairs, Permitting, Sustainability & ESG, NuStar Energy
Tuesday, April 12, 2022
1:00 – 2:00 pm, eastern [archive and transcript to follow]
This program doesn’t simply analyze the proposal. We emphasize practical actions and realities companies need to know right now in preparing for climate disclosures aligned with SEC’s proposal – which investors may implement even before the final release is issued:
- Overview of Climate Disclosure Proposal
- Steps Companies Should be Taking Right Now
- Compliance Timeframe Considerations
- Predictions for Adopted Rule Proposal/ What Would Litigation of the
- Proposal Look Like
- Unintended Consequences
- Tips on Updating Climate Disclosures Proactively
- Impact on Disclosure Controls & Procedures
- Auditors and Climate-Related Financial Disclosure – Lawrence leads off
- Primary Areas for Comment
Cost: Members of this site are able to attend this critical webcast at no charge. If you’re not yet a member, subscribe now by emailing email@example.com or calling us at 800.737.1271.
What you can do if you can’t access the live program: If you have a scheduling conflict or have problems accessing webcasts generally (due to firewalls, etc.), an audio archive of the webcast will be posted within 48 hours of the program – and a text transcript of the program will be posted on this site about two weeks after the live webcast.
Continuing Legal Education: Because this 1-hour webcast relates to a rule proposal, we will apply for CLE credit in all applicable states (with the exception of SC and NE who require advance notice). You must submit your state and license number prior to or during the program. Attendees must participate in the live webcast and email Victoria Newton – firstname.lastname@example.org – during the program, with the subject line “CLE,” when you hear the CLE prompts during the program. You will receive a CLE certificate from our CLE provider when your state issues approval; typically within 30 days of the webcast. All credits are pending state approval.
With a PracticalESG.com Membership, you get full access to Webcasts and so much more.
Daily insights and analysis from leading practitioners to keep you up to date with the latest ESG trends
Brief synopsis to highlight the elements needed to cover your bases and comply with the rules
Resources that provide detailed discussions on the understanding and application of the rules
Community platform giving you the ability to ask practitioners questions and receive timely help with direct responses
Interactive surveys covering relevant topics with feedback from peers and other practitioners in your industry
Industry practitioners and consultants provide perspective on current topical issues and trends
Unlock full access now