PracticalESG.com is excited to bring you a new podcast series designed to help new ESG practitioners orient themselves to their role and to the ESG industry. Our new “ABC’s of ESG” series will cover basics of ESG over 10 episodes. The first two episodes of the series are now available on our Podcast page.
Episode 1: What is ESG?
In our first episode, we discuss basics of ESG to help practitioners understand the wide universe of ESG issues facing companies today. We cover the rising importance of ESG and the factors driving interest in the field.
- A broad overview of what is considered ESG
- Other topics associated with ESG
- The importance of ESG to companies
- How to keep up with ESG trends
- How ESG departments/functions work and what ESG professionals do
Episode 2: Issue Identification and Materiality Assessments
Our second episode covers basics of issue identification and materiality assessments. We discuss how ESG practitioners can narrow their focus and most efficiently tailor programs by defining materiality and conducting a materiality assessment.
- The purpose of issue identification and materiality assessments
- Defining materiality
- How materiality assessments work
- How often to conduct a materiality assessment
- How to plan for the unexpected
- What to do after your materiality assessment
We’ll be adding more episodes each week so stay tuned. If you’re not already a PracticalESG.com member with access to these podcasts and other resources, sign up now and take advantage of our no-risk “100-Day Promise” – During the first 100 days as an activated member, you may cancel for any reason and receive a full refund.